The Flandreau Fire Department was called to 117 West Pipestone around 9:30 on Monday morning. A fire was reported to be burning on the second story, as smoke could be seen coming from upstairs windows at the time of the call. According to Fire Chief Don Peters the fire was contained to the upstairs and they were able to knock it down before it was able to get to into the attic. There was considerable smoke damage to the entire upstairs with water and fire damage to one room. Initial cause of the fire is thought to be a lamp that tipped and ignited the carpet on fire.