House fire leaves smoke damage

Flandreau volunteer firefighters were called to a home on Pipestone Avenue three times on July 19 to put out a fire.
Smoke detectors alerted homeowners to the fire at 505 E. Pipestone Ave., at about 1:30 a.m., said Fire Chief Don Peters. The fire had gone through a laundry shoot from the basement to the attic, and there was a small fire on the first floor, he said.
A cause of the fire hasn’t been fully determined, but may have been electrical, he said. It left the home with smoke damage and some fire damage, Peters said. “I think it’s rebuildable.”
Firefighters went back to the scene twice to put out some hotspots that wanted to reignite in nooks and crannies in the attic, he said.
The homeowners are temporarily staying elsewhere, he said.
“Smoke alarms went off and woke them up. They did their job,” Peters said.


Video News
More In Homepage